From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 17:42:11 -0700
> Peanuts don't bother me at all, raw or roasted.  Soy
> doesn't
> bother me.  Small amounts of grain foods don't
> bother me, but I
> can no longer tolerate any substantial amount, such
> as a serving
> of pasta.  In fact, for some reason pasta seems
> especially likely
> to cause indigestion.
>
> As for legumes in general, some don't seem to bother
> me at all;
> others cause gas.  Examples: lentils seem to digest
> well;
> garbanzos don't.

Wierd. I would say we have very, very similar
digestive systems. With one exception: I can't
tolerate any beans at all.

Have you read Chet Day's interview with Ward
Nicholsen? In it he quotes some estimates for the
amount of time it should take humans to adapt to a
"new" food. Something along the lines of 40,000 years
if I recall. He also states that some racial and
ethnic groups *may* be at least partially adapted.
Like Northern Europeans tolerating milk products
better and Southern Europeans/ Asians tolerating
grains, and so on. Which brings me to my point - I am
descended, for the most part, from northern Europeans.
As should be expected from racial typing, I seem to
have fewer problems with cheeses and yogurts than with
grains, and fewer problems with grains than with
beans. (Actually, this was not my first exposure to
this theory. I originallly read about it in a book by
Adelle Davis).

I wonder how many others on this list can find this
same link with themselves.