GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saiks samateh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 02:05:07 PDT
             FANKANTA  IN IRAN

Recently I was watching a programme on the BBC concerning the use of
contraceptive for  birth control.To be very frank I never expected that such
things will happen in Iran after the debate in this forum were our people were
out arguing that it is UN-Islamic and that Imam Fatty was doing what is
expecting of him by Allah ,to condemn the Fankanta programme at home.This
programme only confirms my point that there is a  lot of religious hypocrisy
going on in our country.
When Ayatola came to power in Iran,he reduced the marriage age of girls to 9
years.This is to say that girls at the age of 9 years could legally get
married.Such a horrible thing did not only deny millions of Iranian girls the
joys of childhood but also opens up for population explosion in Iran.It was
very clear that Ayatola was thinking more of producing child soldiers who will
fight his so-called Islamic course than to give Iran children a better
childhood.Now among other things,the effect of such a policy is affecting
seriously life in Iran,poverty is growing in accordance with the population
growth.I kept wondering were is the Allah that Imam Fatty said will feed every
mouths HE created,this Allah must be very different from the Allah that the
Iranians are worshiping.Through out this programme one finds out that Iranian
are accepting the fact that less children better opportunity to feed and
educate them and provide a better health service for the Family.Today a
factory in Iran is producing 35 million condoms yearly.Girls are learning
different ways of  applying preventions and even men are being sterilize.It
was indeed interesting to see that some of the sessions are held in Mosques
after prayers.Women are expressing the desire of getting better education
before getting married or start a family.Perhaps Iranians are no longer
Muslims !!
It is important for us to use our common senses,Allah will never come down on
earth to tell us how to live our life,but it is easy to be on earth and claim
representing Allah,that is way it will never be surprising to hear people
claiming that the Earthquake is a warning from Allah,when this horrible
disasters are happening and affecting the life of people who believe  in Allah
more than anybody else.It was a common saying in the Gambia that must of the
people who claim representing Allah will never see them selves through the
gates of heaven,because they are false.

For Freedom

Saiks