GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 19:58:26 EDT
In a message dated 8/20/99 11:10:28 AM Central Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< Imam Fatty has demonstrated time and again his intolerance not just toward
people with divergent faiths, but also towards people with divergent views.

 He is reputed to have gone on national TV demanding to know if Dr. Samba's
mother has been circumcised!- just because Samba view (a surgeon, looking at
FMG from a  medical point of view) was not in line with the Imam's rantings.
I believe people like him are doing a disservice to Islam!

Amadou,

l think we can agree that l am not here to defend Imam Fatty's views on FGM,
women's rights or anything else, other than his warnings regarding the
Ahmadiyya movement. l did address the issue regarding colonialism. As l
stated, the excellence we are seeking in other areas of our life also extends
to religion for some of us, and speaking up against the innovation of the
Ahmadiyyas  to preserve purity in worship, which is the foundation of islam,
is incumbent upon all muslims.

Jabou