GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dave Manneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 08:58:37 -0400
Hi Mr Bojang,

     What exactly are you suggesting? Because Mr Fatty's points of views on this matter differs from ourselves he should not be given a platform to put across his views?
I think that is fundamentally very wrong. I personally thinks this geezer talks a lot of nonsense, but  I will strongly object to his fundamental right of freedom of speech being curtailed.

The media is not to be blamed and they surely should not be blamed. They are merely providing
a platform for any of us to put across our points of views. This might be controversial, unpopular, but so be it. It is the duty of each and every reader to carry out our own research into anything said or written in the mass media, for am sure we all know that the media, just like every other facet of everything of our lives can be a victim of manipulation.

I am sure there is truth in what Fatty said, even though one can sense that he is scare-mongering.
Contraceptives have always got side effects, like any other drugs, just as you rightly stated, but while back now there have been a lot of TV documentaries in the UK  with regards the long term adverse effects of some of these contraceptives  on the women's health.

It has also been proven on various occasions that drugs that have not been properly and thoroughly tested are being used in Africa and The World in general. In short they turn our people into guinea pigs.

Bearing these facts in mind, we should all be very observant and careful.

I am no way advocating scare mongering!!!!

Please let Fatty speak his mind, just like you, I and everyone would like to speak ours.

With regards

Mr Manneh