VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:51:59 -0800
Hi Steve,

I don't use jaws or window-eyes, I use WINDOW BRIDGE.  WINDOW BRIDGE
functions quite well in dos, windows 3.x, windows 95, and windows 98, all
in the same program.  With a hardware Synthesizer, WINDOW BRIDGE works in
any environment.  A software-based synthesizer will only work in windows
95 or later, but in most cases, WINDOW BRIDGE will work fine in the dos
box with it.  Software-based synthesizers were never designed to work in
dos boxes.

I am a distributor of WINDOW BRIDGE because of its flexibility, and
because of the great support provided by Synthavoice including an 800
number for technical support and an email list run by the company wich the
president participates on on a daily basis.

To download a 30 minute trialversion, which has all the features of the
full version but needs to be reloaded every 30 minutes, go to:
http://www.synthavoice.on.ca
or
ftp.synthavoice.on.ca

To sign up to the list, follow the links on the web site, or send a
message to:
with "subscribe winbridge" (with out the quots) in the body of the
message.

Take care,

David Chittenden, Western U.S. Manager
Technologies for the Visually Impaired, Inc.
5455 Geary Blvd, suite 161
San Francisco, CA 94121
(415) 902-3462
fax and voice mail (888) 269-9233