VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Albert Essandoh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 22:19:17 GMT
Hello,
I have been reading quietly all the mails in this discussion group to
have a feel of where the members want go with such a group or what is
expected to be the outcome of issues being discussed.
My real reason for joining this group is to help the Ghana Association
for the Blind.  I have been talking to them about the need to develop
computr skills to keep them abreast with modern technology so they can
enter the job markets.
In a developing nation like ours, it is unfortunate that they are not
taken care of properly or considered in major decisions.
my biggest challenge is to get to them computers with software suitable
for them to learn some skills and get job contracts and carry them out
from their offices without them neccessarily going out to look for a
job.
Another is to get them hooked up to the net and partake in discussion
groups like this one etc.

Please help to get a list of computer and software vendors that sell
these items which are suitable for the visually impaired.
This will enable me to purchase items to set up a laboratory for them.

Thank you.

Albert K. Essandoh