From:
Yui Shin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 03:05:34 -0800
Networking is not my proficiency, but I have resolved
similar issues for a local school district.

First of all, have you checked your Device Manager in
System Properties to check for obvious conflicts ?

If your network card is on IRQ 10, what's your
display adapter on ? Hopefully, 9 or 11

Secondly, does your hub or network card show any
packet collisions or link partitions at anytime ?

When the drivers were installed, do you recall skipping
any files because you couldn't find what it was asking
for ?

Have you installed the update from Microsoft for
AMD cpu's 350Mhz and up to correct the timing
loop issue ? I believe without it you would have an assortment of problems.

Check your BIOS to verify Plug n Play Detect is enabled.
If not, your BIOS will not inform Windows which
IRQ's have already been allocated. If this is the case you
should reinstall the cards so plug n play assigns the
correct IRQ, I/O address, etc.

The next time a specific station drops from the network
and is no longer visible to the others, try checking
Network Neighborhood from the the dropped station
and verify it can at least see itself - this is more
important than it sounds.

hope this helps until real help arrives.
-yui shin