From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 08:00:09 -0500
> > > 1. When my current ISP offers this service will I be able to keep
> > > my same email address?
> >
> >   Probably, if it is the same ISP.  Even if you switch, as long as
> > you keep an account at the current ISP, you should be able to get
> > your mail at that address even if you use somebody else to get you
> > connected.

Additional question from: [log in to unmask]
> This may not be so easy to do.  Don't many ISPs require you to be logged
> into one of their servers before you can use their mail or news servers?
> Is there a way around this problem?  I may be faced with this same
> problem soon.

Earl,      Every POP3 e-mail provider I have dealt with has allowed me to
__pick-up__ mail when I call in from outside their domain.
They don't really care how you "get to" their servers for that "half"
of the mail question...
Some ISPs are VERY restrictive about letting you __send__  SMTP mail
to domains outside their server.  My "work-around" is that I send ALL
my mail through my ISPs' SMTP server, from different accounts set up
in MSIE (or Outlook98).
                    Rick Glazier

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html