From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 20:07:11 -0700
At 09:26 AM 11/04/1999 , you wrote:
>I didn't get any response the first time that I sent
>this.  I'm resending it in the hopes that some one can
>help me.  Oh, since the last time, I tried
>Defragmenting the Harddrive...since then I can't print
>(HP Deskjet 660cse), or use Word.  HELP!!!!!!!
>
>Thanks!

This is not too difficult, if you can move all the non-replaceable
software, original documents and other things you do not have
install programs to use to reload to the new hard drive.

Once you have moved it all over, leaving as much of the 'D'
drive empty as possible, (it would be best to leave at least
1gig of it free), then just re-configure your 'C' drive to the
Slave position by changing the jumpers on the drive and then
configure the newer 10gig drive as the Master.

This procedure is explained in "edition #10" of the Troubleshooting
Basics on our web site: http://nospin.com/pc/ts010.html

Now...  before you go any further, you will need to remove the
partition on the old 1.2gig drive using FDISK and then creating
a new partition to remove the drive compression.  The procedure
to remove and add a new partition is explain in our Guide to
Partitioning a hard drive: http://nospin.com/pc/faqs0004.html

Now, with a fresh partition on the system, the 1.2gig drive will
be seen as the 'D' drive.  You will need to format this drive,
this is explained in our Guide to Formatting Hard Drives:
    http://nospin.com/pc/faqs0005.html

Now...  you are ready to load Windows on your 'C' drive, a partition
on your new 10gig hard drive.  That procedure is explained in our
Guide to Installing Windows95: http://nospin.com/pc/pcb_win95.html

If you do not understand the reason your drive letters will change
to 'C' on the 10gig drive and 'D' on the 1.2gig drive, with the balance
on the 10gig drive, that is explained in the Troubleshooting Basics,
edition #10: http://nospin.com/pc/ts010.html

I know this is a great deal of reading...  but, take heart...  it took
a lot longer to write...  *smile*

I hope this helps....

     Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group