From:
Richard Jenkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 13:21:59 -0600
Hello all,
I have a client with a problem I need help with. The system is as follows:
AMD K6II 450
ASUS P5A Main board
96 Megs PC100 Memory
Trident Blade video card (8 meg AGP)
sound and modem combo card PCI, I don't remember for sure but believe the sound chip is Avance, drivers load as combo 2000.
System works fine, sound modem and all until you go on line. The modem is fine but when he enters a chat room using MPLAYER he looses mic and sound.
Mic works fine in all other applications as dose sound. the second you get of line, the sound and mic return! Sound also does not function in Net Meeting, oh.. it does work sometimes! he brought it in and I hooked it up it worked perfect. He took it home no sound or mic in Mplayer, he brought it back and it worked, I got off line went back on it  failed. What is causing this intermittent problem... any ideas would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Rick

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org