From:
Norman Skrzypinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 14:10:07 -0500
>   I think it's paleolithically correct --
>
> Ingredients: sunflower seeds, honey, shelled hempseeds, flax seeds, and
> pumpkin seeds.

Sunflowers originated in North America, and were used by the Natives of
Central and North America to make oil. It was introduced to Europe in the
1500's. -- www.ask.com
- not paleo for those whose ancestry is not solely native North American

Hemp, common name for a south Asian herb, and also for its fibers. --
Encarta
- not paleo for those whose ancestry is not solely south Asian

Flax is a grain.
- not paleo

Pumpkins originated in tropical America. Seeds from related plants of the
pumpkin dating back from 7000 to 5500 BC have been found in Mexico. --
ask.com
- not paleo for those whose ancestry is not solely tropical native North
American

Sorry, Dori.  By my standards your bar is not "paleothically correct".  The
honey passes the test, though.

Norm S.