From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 14:00:47 +1100
This chlorine is not absorbed, but normal Chloride ion can be harmful- the
chloride in salt is harmful, not just the sodium.  I quote Loren Cordain:
"As you may know its not just the Na ion, but the
accompanying Cloride ion which also wreaks havoc via its acidifying effect.
If you are unfamiliar with the acid/base concept of stone age nutrition,
you should read Remer and Manz, J Am Diet Assoc 1995;95:791-7"
Ben Balzer