From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 15:48:30 +1100
Potatoes are full of toxins- very high levels of glycoalkaloids. They are
scientifically related to tomato and eggplant which fruits only have low
levels of glycoalkaloids- not much to worry about. Potatoes are full of
enzyme inhibitors and lectins too. I haven't come across any references to
lectins or enzyme inhibitors in tomato or eggplant.

So  while potatoes are very bad for you, eggplant and tomato shouldn't be a
problem unless you're very sensitive. I'm sorry I haven't had time to read
the rest of this thread as my computer has been down- apologies if I've
overlooked any important points..

Green potatoes have very high levels of glycoalkaloid (GA) and this cannot
be peeled off as it goes all the way through. GA is not destroyed by
cooking, boiling, microwaving or frying. Green potatoes are dangerous.

Ben.