Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 13:57:11 -0800
I got a totally cool new dehydrator for Christmas called American Harvest
and you can set the temps..... so I set it very low like 95 degrees F. It is
so rad.

Anyway, I tried a new recipe and that is you take ground lamb and push it
down into very thin little pancakes and dry it.

It has more fat than some ground meats. Not the NZ grass fed, but  this is
just the typical grain fed one, so it does have more fat...

Anyway my son seems to do well on it. Would this pemmican keep, even though
the fat has not been rendered?? The fat has been dried like the meat but not
rendered.

I am storing it in the fridge and using it up and the extra I keep in the
freezer. Does anyone know how long this type of pemmican would keep?

And also, would it have enough fat in it to avoid "rabbit" starvation?

This is the easiest pemmican yet, no grinding or slicing, no rendering, but
I'm wondering if it is too good to be true????

Mary

ps Also, so many of our vaccinosis  kids' problems seem to be in the colon
and this meat is digested so easily, it is raw, not cooked and kind of short
circuits the colon, it is almost completely digested by the time it reaches
the colon. The Price study showed cats being cured on raw.  How long did it
take for the cats to improve?

Wouldn't this raw pemmican help our kids? Almost all of them have very sick
colons. Will they be getting sufficient vitamins on this raw pemmican? How
long would it take on raw pemmican to recover our kids' sick colons?? from
auto immune disease?? Thank you.