From:
Betty Ann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 11:06:32 -0700
Michael's post about lead oxide being used as a filler for
flour reminded me of a news story I read this morning. A
young girl in Iran (they didn't give her age) accidentally
used DDT instead of flour in a dessert recipe. As I recall 3
people died and several are hospitalized. I can't imagine
having such poisons located so close to food products in any
home. When you read stories like these or are reminded what
used to be done for fillers, it is amazing humanity is still
around!
--
Betty Ann
mailto:[log in to unmask]

"In a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats." English
Proverb