Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 08:44:50 -0800
I am focussing on getting more organ meats into my son (and myself). In the
morning I make Larry an omelet out of quail eggs, then at the last minute
add some fresh raw pig heart chopped up. It gets a tiny bit warmed up so it
is not cold but it is not cooked, essentiallly still raw. He loves it. So I
was pretty happy about that.

I also give him dried buffalo liver. Some cod liver oil as well.

 But are there any other organs I should consider to add? There is pork
blood at the Asian market, I have seen pigs feet, kidneys, etc, any other
item I should use? I have looked for brains but can't find them anywhere,
neither porcine, nor lamb, nothing. I am also asking my deer hunter friend
to start saving the organs. I still have not mastered a fish head soup that
he would eat.  Any ideas on simple ways to incorporate more organs? I also
FINALLY listened to my paleo voice and even dropped antifungals like garlic.
I am giving him ginger and acidophilus, those are the only non paleo items.

What do you guys think about ginger, I have read a book about it, very
interesting, will post the title if anyone is interested.

 He improved a lot on the cod liver oil. He also gets elk and or venison,
dried, every day for lunch, with olive oil on it. I don't pulverize it, it
is just  plain pieces of elk  jerky with olive oil on it. Would this be
sufficient fat?

The only organs I am eating is the dried buffalo liver, am also taking cod
liver oil, am increasing my supply of natural dried wild salmon, and
searching desperately for other foods that are not denatured.

Are California Privet berries edible, does anyone know, there sure are a lot
of those around.

Last, we are both thirsty all of the time, I wonder why? know, not enough
water, but how come I was never thirsty on SAD? Too much protein, fat, or what?