From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 21:33:02 +1000
Maybe we could hypothesise that paleolithic man in Africa used to live on
meat and Stroon, a fruit with the perfect combination of everything. Only to
have Stroon wiped out by the ice age and human greed , so man then spread to
the rest of the world.

This is tongue-in-cheek, but I find it helpful to think about Stroon. It
must be so yummy. The original Stroon was the longevity virus in the sci-fi
novel Norstrilia by Cordwainer Smith- it was grown in mutant sheep on the
planet Norstrilia- it was the most expensive commodity in the universe long
before Frank Herbert discovered melange on Dune.

Just a bit of fun.

Ben Balzer