From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 13:22:29 -0400
Todd Moody wrote:

>I still maintain that gluten is a normal part of a cow's diet,
>because gluten is in grass seeds, which are part of the grass
>that is the cow's normal diet.

As far as I know there is no gluten in grass seeds, but only in wheat, rye
and barley. All of them are much taller plants than regular prairie grass.
Do cows eat grasses that are that tall?

Then you have the question of where cows are from, before humans
domesticated them. Possible not in an area where wheat, rye or barley grow.

Don.