From:
"S.B. Feldman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 16:13:34 EDT
In a message dated 09/16/1999 4:00:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<  I have to wonder whether it is
 in fact gluten in meat that is causing the problem.  For one
 thing, I believe cattle are generally fattened on corn, which is
 gluten-free.  >>
I  think that the reactions described to the single molecule of gluten are a
clear demonstration of the power of suggestion. I think that if the writer
BELIEVED  there was even one molecule of gluten in the corn fed cattle that
the reaction would be the same. The placebo effect is quite strong and I
believe this to be it's other side: