From:
jlpresto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:15:12 +0900
Brett, Todd, anyone with any ideas?

Disclaimer:  I am not your medical patient so I will take anything you say
with a half cup olive oil.  I don't hold you responsible for any of your
opinions.

My doc said there was nothing abnormal, so maybe I am just being
hypochondriac.  If that is the case, please tell me so.

BLOOD TEST
The vals that were out of normal are following.  While each or any lower
than normal value may be ok in isolation, I just wondered if there wasn't
some kind of picture being painted here  that I needed to take into
consideration.  Furthermore, for years and years I had blood tests and there
was never anything out of range. How come suddenly about 10% of the vals are
now? Naturally, I suspect a one-year diet heavy in rice and soy.  On the
other hand, maybe this lab's blood tests are so bad that none of it means
anything.

Protein:
TP 6.4

I think the below are the triglycerides?  Again, I don't have an
explanation, I had to look at notes from my vet on my cat to get an idea
what things are.  I dont understand why 3 docs in a row refuse to go over
these results with me:
DB <0.1
LD 117

For cholesterol, I think there are more than one reading, but mine were
T-Chol  147
TG  21

I dont know what this is, but it showed low:
ZTT 2.5
CRP 0.05

My thyroid seemed to be ok; I think, Its just that I like everything to be
perfect.  Before they were low but not out of normal range.
TSH: 1.79
FT3 2.46
FT4 1.18

Following were also low:
IGA  139
Lymph  15.0
Mono 1.0

GASTRO-ENTEROLOGIST VISIT
So then I went to the gastro enterist yesterday.  The suspect here is IBS,
which makes total sense to me given the high soy and rice past.; but if you
are a doctor, don't you have to be a little more thorough than oh, you have
diarrhea here take this?  I mean, he won't do even a stool exam.  I am not
going to take some allo chemical to cover this up, I am trying to get to the
bottom of it.  Anyways I told him I think I need a stool exam and endoscopy
to rule out main more problematic things--I am extremely sensitive to wheat.
I lived in the Amazon and had to drink water just upstream from the toilet,
if you know what I mean...and I visited Milwaukee several times, where
crypto was a problem

The enterologist was fine to consult with, but it made me think of the
recent discussion on Docs.  You gotta be in control of your own health these
days or you will just run around in circles.  Docs are fine to consult
with--in decisions about my health, it is nice to have a few doctor's
opinions.  But if they aren't really good docs, they are kinda useless.  So
the GE doc  told me to eat soy to keep myself moving regularly.  What a
dork.  I had to bite my tongue hard not to tell him about the testosterone
study.

So now I am looking for a good Paleo doc in the Chicago area.  I will be
there at the end of next month.  I just think that people with GI problems
run risks of other types of diseases, so I need to know my true state.  That
was the other thing...if soy is so good for you, why is stomach and
intestinal cancer such a huge killer in Japan?  Best be lookin for those
phytoestrogens elsewhere.

Paleosober,
Judith