From:
Brett Crosby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 12:08:18 +1030
I agree! The quote about skill, strength and genetics came from an article from
the Super-Slow site and I was using it to try to clarify the argument that another
member had made on this list.
Interestingly enough though, I am a novice rider and, after I took a couple of
months off during our winter last year when I did only weight work - when you
would presume that after not doing any aerobic work for close to 3 months that my
fitness and performance would have dropped, my times and measured heart-rate
during a hill climb were noticably faster and lower respectively.
Once again, Super-Slow would argue that this increase in performance is due to the
muscles being more efficient and acting as "pumps" to aid the heart rather than
the heart being the primary factor in aerobic performance. There are some quite
interesting articles that discuss all of these factors on the SS site. Well worth
a read.
Brett

PS: My resting heart rate has dropped 4-5 bpm since I started Paleo a couple of
weeks ago. What are people's theories on that?