NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynda Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:38:05 -0400
>>They sent me a list of all of their meat products which DO NOT contain dairy
products.  This list included their regular hot dogs (wieners made with turkey and
pork).  However, they have told me in two separate phone conversations that these
wieners contain sodium casienate. <<

Somtimes sodium caseinate or caseinates are used in natural flavorings, which could
be why it isn't listed on the label.  Labeling laws for meats and dairy products are
defined by the Dept. of Agriculture, and those laws aren't as stringent as products
that are labeled under the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) labeling laws.

I don't know for sure about Oscar Mayer products.  My son had problems after eating
Oscar Mayer liverwurst. I called and was told it was milk free but I have not bought
it again just to be safe.

Lynda