CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bill Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 23:57:56 +1100
Well, I'm with Tresy 100% on contempt for the vandals. But I wouldn't be so
quick to condemn them for squatting empty offices. Premeditated, planned,
vandalism, in the context of a public protest, is unforgiveably stupid. I
have seen some feeble attempts to defend this behaviour elsewhere and have
responded with as much patience as I could muster.

But in general terms squatting empty buildings is an entirely different
kettle of fish. A legitimate strategy which this wobbly has found quite
effective. Dunno if I'd want to be relying on the lunatics Tresy reports on
as my comrades in such an endeavour though.

Bill Bartlett
Bracknell tas.