CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
jujuross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 08:55:34 GMT
Hello Friends,
I am a newcomer to this group and am aware that I'm jumping in at the deep
end.
John Korber's arguements regarding the bombing cannot be bettered from a
libertarian point of view.  Thing is I wouldn't like to have to make them to
a family being driven out of their own village by Serb troops.  Do any of
us, living far away have the right to strike strident positions on this
tragedy?  Yes John, I will continue to work for the world we all want to see
and to do the little an individual can do to lessen my neighbour's suffering
but I am not going to issue my own prescriptions viv a vis the bombing,
which as an individual I feel confused about.  If anybody is concerned "to
do something" they might like to consider support work for the asylum
seekers from Kosovo (and throughout the Balkans) who are currently in a dire
situation, in the U.K. at least.

Julian Ross

Newport, South Wales, U.K.