C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 19:26:17 EST
I am a recovering Yankee Carpetbagger transplanted with my job from New
Joisey to South Cahlahna.  I'd always assumed that New Jersey was the circle
in hell where all the worst drivers were damned forever, but coming to SC has
given me a whole new appreciation for air bags and seat belts.  It seems that
a turn signal is unheard of here,especially when travelling across three
lanes horizontally to get to a turn off while cutting off other cars.  There
is no requirement to have your vehicle inspected, so if it can move and you
can get a gun rack on it, you're fine!  I shouldn't be surprised in a place
where they have drive-through liquor stores.  I kid you not.

Fire ants, roaches (Palmetto Bugs) larger than your car, hellish heat in
summer, ice and cold (at least this winter) in January, tornadoes and
Beer-Guzzlin' Bubba behind the wheel.  What's not to love about South
Carolina?!  Grin.

Paul V. in SC