BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 10:00:31 -0500
I first heard about this some six or seven years ago.  I met a guy in
California who had been doing it for some time with permits in National
Forests somewhere in Northern California.  He described all the rigging and
technique - pretty cool - and said got much "virgin" old growth timbers.  As
I recall he said he was working in areas flooded by dams.  I think Craig
Strubble knows about this stuff: [log in to unmask]  .
Let us know.  I would love to get pictures of the boats, huge iron collars
and rigging the fellow described.
Best,
Leland