VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"wang.." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 20:30:31 -0500
I originally came from China and had lived there for 21 years.  Because of
Chinese language, which is fully character based or graphical, typing was
even  imposible for the blind.  You have to remember at least 5,000
characters in order to read and write.  Therefore, unless a blind person
knows English or any language based on spelling, it is very difficult for
him/her to use computer though I have heard some speech softwares support
Chinese.  We should realize how lucky we are since our mother tone is
English.  Tom is right.  I think we should pay more attention to those who
have not yet been trained with new technoledge since God has already given
us a great blessing in this way.
Ren