Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kenny Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 17:35:54 -0800
I don't have a degree in Biochem either, but have been
doing some reading and found that in fact(as my source
suggests)..."short and medium chain fatty acids and
glycerol are passively absorbed and travel directly to
the liver, where they are used for energy or
synthesized into new triglycerides (glycerol may
become glucose), which are encapsulated with protien
and delivered to the circulation."

--- Philip Thrift <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> The "disappointed" reviewer keyed in on a quote
>                      “Fat provides this
>                      source of energy by breaking
> down into glucose. Because
>                      this breakdown occurs only as
>                      needed, the body avoids the
> effects of high levels of
>                      blood sugar (diabetes), as well
> as extreme
>                      fluctuations in sugar levels
> (hypoglycemia).”
> as factually wrong and a reason for not recommending
> the book
> (basically not biochemically correct). I'm certainly
> no
> expert, so
> I was wondering specifically about a rebuttal of
> this. I didn't
> follow much of anything else said.
>

> On Thu, 6 Jan 2000 16:44:43 -0800, Mary
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >I think "Disappointed" works for the AMA or the
> FDA!!
> >
> >If everyone went on paleo, drs revenue would go WAY
> DOWN.
> >
> >>I would be interested to see a rebuttal of the
> objections in the
> >>"Diaappointed" review (just before my review :-)

=====
-kb.