Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Don and Rachel Matesz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 19:11:03 -0500

Mary has asked several times about the benefits of home schooling her
vaccine damaged child.

>Would not sun, fresh air, walking, etc help to restore a child with an
autoimmune disorder?

Even if a child was not vaccine damaged, I think home schooling would be the
best thing.  Modern schools impose so many unnatural constraints on a child,
many of which hinder learning and impair health.  Over the years I have
known many parents who home schooled their children and had extensive
interactions with may of these children.  These children have fared
extremely well and been a delight to behold.  In fact, many have tested out
of a grade or two of school.... some have gone on to take college courses
while still "high school" age.  They have had exceptional social and
academic proficiency, often far surpassing that of conventionally schooled
children.   They have not lacked interaction with adults or other kids.

Those who home school do not have to "wing it."  There are countless books,
seminars, and conferences and support groups which can help parents choose a
style of home schooling that they and their kids feel most comfortable with.
 Best of all, a child can follow many of his or her natural inclinations,
learn by doing, by engaging in practical "real world" projects, arts,
crafts, etc.  They can learn math, science, biology and other things by
helping in the garden, kitchen, yard, garage, on camping or field trips, and
by extensively reading things that interest them.  There are structured and
unsctructured approaches to home schooling.  There are even computer-based
learning/support programs for home schooled kids.

Home schooled kids can learn indoors and outdoors; they can eat healthy
foods; spend time learning and growing with the people who care about them
most, with other home schooled kids, and with friends of the family.  They
can also take potty breaks and food breaks when they need them.

Besides the junk food, and work space filled with toxic fumes, a child in a
modern school must also content with many toxic/limiting ideas, attitudes
and beliefts--whether passed on by other students or unconscious teachers.
We take food into our bodies in many forms---through what we see, hear,
think, eat, drink, and inhale.  At home, we can better nourish our children
on all levels.

Btw:  Last year, my niece finished 9 month's worth of coursework in 6
months.  My sister-in-law told me about the "busy work" in the back of the
text books that teachers were told to use to extend the amount of time it
would take to cover the material!   She and my nephew are leaps and bounds
above most conventionally schooled children I meet.  They love to learn and
never dread "going to school".  Life is school to them!

Sorry so long!
Rachel

P.S.  Mary, if you are a credentialed teacher anyway, what's the wait? You
can do it!  I know you can!