C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:34:54 -0500
Hi Vickie,

> I have been on the CP Parent and Our Kids List for about 1+ years.  I
> saw your post a week or so ago about this one and thought I'd join you
> over here. :o).

   Oh Okay - well I am not trying to steal "Spunkies" CPParent members but I
suspect we are all on the same lists becasue we have an interest in our kids
and sharing. Betty and I adore Randy from the OUR-KIDS - he is awesome. Its
amazing how how involved he is with his family, the lists, so kind, tolerant
and patient, and alway finds time to be a good friend.

>I've been following all that's going on with Amber.
> Sounds like Heather and Amber would be good buds.  Heather has a good
> friend that used to be her aide at school. She's 22 and more like a big
> sister to her.  She takes her to concerts and shopping so she can do
> things without me.  She's seen N'SYNC twice, the Back Street Boys and 98
> Degrees.  I can't tell the difference in most of their songs but she
> sure can, LOL.  I bet Amber was just beside herself with the screen
> saver!

   Oh, sounds like they would be great buds - of course Amber would green -
she has only seen N'SYNC once.  I love the music the groups put out - but I
have to admit they do sound much the same. I went to the concert with her -
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh - it was wonderful. Amber has a couple of girlfirends who
family's have kinda adopted her and they take her along with their kids.
Other than that - Amber and I do stuff together - we are great friends!!
Share CD's, shoes, clothes and long conversations. Sometimes it gets silly
we have to have 2 of something - one for me and one for her!!

> Heather is in the 7th grade.  Is Amber excited about going to high
> school? Heather had a hard time starting middle school, but loves it
> now.  This is a kid that hates weekend and holiday....just loves school
> so much.

   Amber is very social right now - I think the idea of High School is a
little scary just like the idea Middle was.  The High School she will go to
has a campus - its huge. I had my first visit this month - Amber has only an
Itenerant teacher that works with her once a week for 45 minutes. She enjoys
most of classes but is shy in the classroom. Does Heather use the computer?
Many they can trade e-mail - I have a voice recognition program for Amber
that is suppose to do e-mail also.

                               Brightest Blessings
                                     Trisha