C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:38:06 -0700
Hi Betty,

  Following are recipes for the rolls: one for breadmaker and one made the
traditional way. The latter doesn't contain the vanilla pudding mix but I
adapted it, as I don't have a bread maker. Make as usual, and add 1/4 cup of
vanilla pudding mix. There's 1/2 cup in the box anyway - I measured :)

  Depending on how big you slice the rolls, the recipe should make 18-20 rolls.
The frosting is very rich, so I made one batch and it covered a double batch of
rolls. They freeze very well, too.

Cinnamon Rolls (Bread Machine)

¼ c. butter, melted; ¼ c. water
½ pkg. Instant vanilla pudding (1/2 of a 3.4 oz box); 1 c. milk; 1 egg, beaten
1 tbsp. Sugar; ½ tsp salt; 4 c. bread flour
2 ½ tsp. Yeast

FILLING:
½ c. butter, softened; 1 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. Cinnamon

FROSTING:
4 oz. Cream cheese, softened; ¼ c. butter, softened; 1 ½ c. confectioners sugar

½ tsp. Vanilla; 1 ½ tsp. Milk

Rolls: Place ingredients in machine following the specifications of that
particular machine. Set for dough cycle. After complete on dough cycle, remove
from machine and roll out to 17x10" (approx.) rectangle.

Filling: mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread softened butter over
dough. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon mixture over top. Roll tightly from
long end, pinching edges closed when completely rolled. Slice dough into ½"
slices (or large if a larger bun is preferred). Place into greased cake pans or
a cookie sheet. If using cake pans, use 3-9" pans. Let rise until doubled. Bake
at 350 for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Do not overbake.

Frosting: Spread on very warm rolls. They are best when eaten fresh, but we
have found that 10-15 seconds in a microwave rejuvenates them. Note: You may
add chopped nuts with the filling and use twice the amount of cinnamon.

                    CINNAMON ROLLS
                                 350 for 20 mins
                                 middle rack

                        *********Rolls**********
  1      1/4-oz package active dry yeast
   1      cup  warm milk
   1/2  cup granulated sugar
   1 teaspoon salt
   2 eggs
   1/3  cup margrine -- melted
   4 cups all purpose flour

                        **********Filling************
   1 Cup packed brown sugar
   2 1/2  teaspoons Cinnamon
     1/3  cup margarine -- softened

     *********Icing************
   8  tablespoons margarine -- softened
   1 1/2  cups  powered sugar
     1/4  cup (2 oz) cream cheese
     1/2  teaspoon vanilla extract
     1/8   tsp salt

   I used the second recipe and added the 1/4 cup of pudding mix, leaving all
other ingredients the same. I did reduce the sugar a bit, as there's sufficient
sugar in the pud mix.  Also, I used an enormous bowl for rising. I used a 9x13
pan for 2nd rising and baking, allowing room for rolls to get really, really
huge. The first time I made the rolls, I put too many in one pan. 2nd time
(yesterday) the rolls were nice and fluffy. Disgustingly rich.

  Enjoy!

  BTW, if any of you want my fruit cake recipe (super easy), let me know. It's
the brandy that makes it great!

Cheers!

Carla
http://www.brunnet.net/terrier