From:
Andrea R Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 14:54:57 -0400

When I was a Pampered Chef consultant I converted some recipes so my son
could enjoy them also. These are 2 Apple crisp recipes that are just to
die for.

Apple Crisp
**************
7 Granny Smith Apples
1/2 box/bag yellow or white cake mix (I use Miss Robens)
grated or chopped nuts
1 stick butter/margarine
1/2 cup cinnamon/sugar mixture

Peel, core, slice apples. place apples in 9x13 baker. Sprinkle sugar and
cinnamon mixture and dry cake mix over apples. drizzle melted butter or
margarine over the top. Add grated or chopped nuts on top. Bake at 350
for 30 minutes.

Cranberry Apple Crisp
*************************
 Filling:
6-7 medium Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored,and sliced
1 can (16oz) whole berry cranberry sauce (ocean spray)
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons GF flour mix
 Topping:
1/4 cup nuts, chopped
1 cup almond flakes (crush by hand)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup GF flour mix
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
Vanilla ice cream or whipped topping (optional)

Preheat oven to 375. For filling place apples in 9x13 baker. combine
cranberry sauce, sugar and GF flour: mix well. Pour cranberry mixture
over apples, toss to coat evenly. For topping, combine
nuts,almonds,brown sugar,GF flour and cinnamon. Add melted butter to
ingredients, mix well. Sprinkle topping over fruit mixture. Bake 35-40
minutes or until fruit is tender. serve warm with ice cream or whipped
topping if desired.