From:
Cherry Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 15:07:54 EDT

Hi all,  A friend of mine whose mother has CD told me that she'd heard that
mushrooms were on the unsafe list for celiacs!   Has anybody heard the same?

  In all the literature I've read I've never seen anything negative re
mushrooms, domestic or wild.  I can imagine that some people might have an
allergic reaction to mushrooms, but cannot fathom why they would be harmful
to celiacs, per se.  I'd appreciate any input on this question (since I do
enjoy mushrooms and indulge in them often).  Thank you in advance.  Cherry in
NJ