From:
Lesley Hurter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 08:59:59 -0500

Hi all,
Thanks for the responses they were as follows,

You may want to try digestive plant enzymes which have lactase and well as
amylase and other digestive enzymes.  This will help you digest all types of

foods better and may help neutralize any gluten proteins you eat
unsuspectingly.

Hi.  I looked it up on Abi Neuman's website
   http://geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa.4003/gf.meds-toiletries.html
According to her page, Lactaid original and ultra are GF.  Also, Don Wiss
has a great website at
   www.NoMilk.com
It is devoted to lactose intolerance and/or total milk allergies.

White Wave soy milk in the red carton only is gf.  Very tasty on cereal.

Lactaid (pills) and Lactaid Ultra (pills) are GF.

I use Lactais tablets and haven't had any reaction.

I called about this last week.  Lactaid Ultra Caplets are gf.

Walmart's Equate brand is gluten free.

there are but I never could get them to work, you are better off to stay
away from all dairy anyway as the protein in dairy doesn't let the calcium
absorb.

   there is another way around this.  We have li because the villi have
been wiped out because of the celiac and the enzyme which digests
lactose normally rests on the tip of the villi.  This condiditon is
called "leaky gut".
   My nutionist told me to take one L-glutamine capsule [an amino acid and
safe], 500 mg and one Pro Biotics capsule, a multi=strained acidophilus
capsule, with each meal.  You will start to feel better in a few days.
within six months I was no longer lactose intolerant. However, my
allergist and nutrionist both said to continue taking these supplements
on a regular basis.
   In the meantime, to protect your gut, switch to a non cows milk--rice or
soy or goat's milk until your gut totally heals.  Then, when you do go
back, do not use low fat, but full milk or even cream.  You seem to be
able to tolerate milk products better with a higher fat content.

The Lactaid brand pills are considered gf.