From:
Judy Tillinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 15:28:35 -0400

I recently e-mailed Boca Burgers to suggest that since the amount of
gluten intheir product is so low (according to thier website) that they
might consider a gluten free version. I got back a promising response
(below) and thought that the more people who e-mailed them the more
inclined they might be to move forward with their development of a gf
burger. In my letter I neglected to mention that they would be the ONLY
gf meatless burger on the market, so if anyone writes them, that might
be a good thing to mention.

heres the letter:

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding Boca Burgers.  We always
encourage customer comments and suggestions.  It is true that our 2.5 oz
burgers do contain 0.014 g of wheat gluten derived from wheat germ in one of
our raw ingredients.  We are currently doing research and development on a
gluten free burger, but we do not have a product ready for the market yet.
We highly value our formula and feel that we have the best tasting meatless
burger on the market.  Because of this, we would not change our formula
until a new gluten free formula yielded us the same great tasting product
that all of our customers are use to and expect from us.  I will pass your
comments on to the appropriate people and thanks again for your inquiry.

        Best Regards,

        Theressa Moran ([log in to unmask])
        QA Manager