VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"wang.." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
wang..
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 13:38:50 -0400
I agree with Peter.  Although I am a congenitally blind person, I feel
that braille and cane are less important to me comparing with speech
synthesisor and a good screen reader because today, braille and cane only
are not enough to enable a blind person to live independently.  When you
read the job posting on either newpaper or on internet, you will never
find one that includes braille and cane skills.  Even though these things
are still the basic needs for most blind people, our society should know
that our needs is far beyound this, that is how we can avoid receiving
food stamp or social security.  If they can know that, the internet
accessibility problem will be solved esily.
Ren