From:
Gregg Pfaff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 13:26:18 -0500
Bob and other group guru's,
You are obviously very knowledgeable in this procedure. I have a HD that has bad sectors
as you describe that I have downloaded the utility from the manufacturer. If I understand
you correctly, I will have to FDISK it and then FORMAT it before I can reinstall the
operating system? I am unfamiliar with these procedures but, would like to be. would it be
possible for you or the group to spell it out for an amateur?
Gregg Pfaff

Bob Wright wrote:

> 1) To remove a virus located in the boot sector
> 2)  The hard drive has developed a large number of bad sectors
>       and they are increasing
> 3)  You wish to change from one operating system to another
>
> Once this has been finished, you will need to repartition the drive, this is when
> FDISK can be used.   Finally, you use format or a high level format utility to prepare
> the drive to receive data in the manner the operating system requires.

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>