From:
Ben Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 06:52:59 -0400
I'm sorry this is not accurate.  You can install the upgrade version of
Win98 on a formatted disk without installing Win95.  The install program
will ask you to put your Win95 disk in the drive to verify your eligibility
for the upgrade and then go ahead and install Win98.  The only Win9x version
that I know of that requires you to install a previous version first is the
Win98SE upgrade that you order from Microsoft.

Ben Moore

> >How do you reinstall Windows 98 if it is the upgrade version?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Betty

> To reinstall -any- upgrade you have to reinstall what you upgraded from -
> presumably Win95 in this case - and then redo the upgrade.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html