From:
Sal Cuccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 13:56:50 -0400
>Whether or not saturated fat affects your cholesterol level seems to be a highly
>individual thing.  For me personally, I eat all the fat I want.  And, I like fat.  I
>usually choose the fattier cuts of meat, and I eat a lot of red meat.

>Since I began eating lowcarb almost 3 years ago, my cholesterol dropped from 201 to
>131.  My triglycerides are 53.  My hdl is 52.

>Paula H.

Do you eat commercialy raised meats or game & free range products? Are you
strictly PALEO? I wish I could eat like you but my cholesterol goes up on a
high SF diet which is mostly commercial meats, but I've never been a strict
PALEO either. I came to this WOE via Atkins and then the ZONE. However the
other components of my LIPID profile are greatly improved when I increase
fat of any kind the only negative is the LDL which only seems to be affected
by eating more fish. I was very interested in Todd Moodys' cholesterol saga
whic I read in the archives. It seems his experience is very similar to my own.

Sal