From:
Paul Sand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 19:12:03 CEST
>To quote an ex-president: here you go again.  RDA protein requirements
>are not really adequate (just as vitamin C RDA is ridiculous). And
>after adaptation to a low carb diet you only need about 40gm glucose
>per day. Since even on a very restricted low carb diet you'll typically
>get at least 20gms of carbs, and a few more will come from fat, you'll
>need less than 20gms of glucose from protein. Hardly 'an over-supply',
>considering that more than half of protein gets converted to glucose
>even if you are eating just adequate protein.

My observations on low-carbing:

I noticed that when it gets colder I'm completely loosing any cravings for
carbs. My itake is quite low anyway (about 50-70 g)  but now I have to watch
(force) myself to eat at leat 20 g per day.

Have anybody else noticed similar effect?

When I started low-carbing such low levels of carbs had given me a deep
ketosisi but now with adequate protein intake I have only sometimes trace
amounts and I feel generally fine, lost any cravings for sweet taste.

Regards,

Paul Sand