From:
"David A. Abbe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 19:26:02 -0600
Hello Everyone!  Are you ready?

System:
Abit BP6
Celery 466MHz (single)
128MB Micron PC-133 RAM
IBM 15.2GB /66  IDE 3 Mast -boot
6.4 WD /33      IDE 3 Slave
Sony CD ROM     IDE 2 Mast
Zip CDRW            IDE 2 Slave
Iomega LS-120   IDE 1 Mast single
Teac 1.44
Win 98SE
----------------
Built this thing a couple weeks ago, everything fine.  Got a call a couple
days ago, the floppy drive disappeared.  She called today and her LS-120 was
acting up.  The LS-120 can read from but not write to both 1.44 and 120MB
disks.  I was able to format one LS-120 floppy but after that only read from
any of them.  It says the disk is full.  Even when I know it is empty...and
yes I did try re-formatting both quick and full.  Tried the LS-120
everywhere.  On IDE 4 it would boot to windows and freeze.
The floppy drive.  Tried three drives, all new, 1 Teac and 2 Hi-Vals, 3
different cables, with and without any other drives in system.  In DOS just
says "General failure reading drive A: Abort, Retry, Fail?
When in windows and try to access floppy it tries to access it over and over
then MY Computer finally just freezes and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del.  When no
other drives present and trying to use 2 different Win98 boot disks, "Disk
Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and press enter.

Without the Floppy in the system, and with/without the LS-120, everything
works perfectly.  I even tried the LS-120 master on IDE 2 with the Zip CDRW
drive..nada.  BIOS is correct.  Installed and ran CAI's Inoculate IT, with
updates and no virus found.

Tried LS-120 solo on IDE 1,2,3 and nothing different..... Checked voltage on
all connectors, no problems...Antec Tower Case with 300w ps.  It's just odd
that the CD ROM's work wonderfully, either IDE 1 or 2.  System boots to IDE
3.  IDE 4 is empty.
Thinking of updating the BIOS just for kicks but I don't think that will
help this time.
Sorry So Long

Suggestions????????  Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
David A. Abbe

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org