Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 23:08:37 +1000
Sami Garzon wrote:

> Whatever, I'll buy the 10.2Gg HD, I guess I can work with 8Gg by now. This
> way, when I Update the Mobo/BIOS/Processor, I'll already have a 10.2Gg. Is
> that right? Can I use NOW the HD as 8Gg and someday RETURNING him to 10.2Gg?

I'm sorry, but this way doesn't work. Once the harddisk has been using as 8G, it
will stay at 8G (even fdisk couldn't get rid of it!!!), unless you use some kind
of software to Destroy old partition then rebuild partition based on new BIOS. I
had been through this few times, unless I do a "wipe disk", the wrong partition
size will never be gone.
I hope there are other solutions to this problem, however I don't know anyother
way to solve the problem without losing data. If someone knows how to work
around to prevent data lost, can you email to me?

Thanks.

Jun Qian

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html