From:
Bob Chapel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 16:47:12 -0400
Hello,

Quick opinion and experience question.   Time has come to replace our main
Network Printer (an IBM 4232 Dot Matrix) We've been quite pleased with it
but the couple of times that we have had to have anyone come to repair it
it has cost more than the price of a midline Laser Printer. (If anyone on
the list can recommend good firms that repair IBM printers in the NYC/Metro
area I am quite interested).

All that aside...trying to decide what next to get..duty cycle @ 30,000 pgs
per mo.
would like no less than 15ppm and would prefer resolution of 'at least'
600x600dpi
Have been seeing a lot of new technology out their that I have no
experience with so
I am open now only to 24pin impact..laser or high quality inkjet...

Thinking seriously about HP 4050N as I like the jetdirect feature and on
the whole have been happy with my HP's here (heck..if I get enough of them
I will take their repair course)....opinions pro and con welcome...I have
no embedded or strong feelings on this one...just looking for the most
reliable performance for the best price.

thanks,
Bob Chapel
Robert Chapel
Coordinator MIS