From:
Fnmail Reuven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:39:44 -0400
The USB scanner seems to be a better choice in many ways. I was recently
looking into a new scanner, as my old SCSI had IRQ conflicts. I picked the
Visioneer 7600 USB. It's a breeze - no conflicts, no installation required,
you just plug it in like a TV into the socket.
You must, however, use Windows 98! Also in addition to Motherboard support
for USB, you must also have ports installed. From what I know, the USB port
operates at higher speed, so the transmission must be faster.

Best of luck, Reuven Freuman

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org