From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 10:10:06 -0400
The CDROM works with my Windows 98 boot floppy, so will use this method to
access the CDROM and reload Windows 95.  Out of curiosity I re-tried both
the Win 95 and an old DOS 6.22 boot disk that had cdrom drivers in config
and autoexec but could not read the same cd as was successfully read by Win
98 boot disk.  I'll re-load Win 95 and try to create another 95 boot disk,
but will keep the Win 98 boot disk close by.

Thanks greatly.

At 8/30/99 10:28 PM , Russell Smith wrote:

>Doug Simmons wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to make a boot disk so I can do a fresh install of Windows 95,
> > but am having trouble with getting the CDROM recognized.
>
>    Can you get access to a Windows 98 boot floppy? I use them all the
>time even when installing Windows 98. Test to verify it works to
>activate the CD drive from DOS then boot with the Win95 floppy, format
>the hard drive: Format C: /S /U and then reboot with the Windows 98
>floppy to see the CD drive and copy the Windows 95 folder to the hard
>drive. Install from the hard drive folder. HTH.
>Russell Smith

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org