From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 22:37:37 -0800
The purpose of a SCSI terminator is to act as a damper to prevent reflection
of data pulses from an open end. From the description of your behavior
(terminator getting warm), it would seem that you have an active termination
within the scanner itself. Have you checked to see if this is the case?

I have used SCSI devices since the time they were still SASI - over 12
years! Sometimes I have seen very strange behavior. The appropriate
conclusion sometimes is: if it works, don't fix it!

Peter Shkabara
http://www.geocities.com/~anapro