From:
Mendoza del Pino Cesar Daniel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 23:48:29 -0500
Hi, I think I can help if you give me more data,

You installed Win2KPro on a machine that previosly had what Operating
System(s)?

I asume this machine booted correctly before, right? And you created a new
partition for Win2K, right? If both answers are yes, then you don't need to
activate or deactivate any partition, because the Win2K boot loader would be
installed in the current active partition. Now if you had more than 4
primary partitions (if that's posible) then there is your problem, because a
hard drive can only have 4 primary partitions or 3 primary partitions and 1
extended partition at a time. If this is the case you should try booting
with your last OS boot disk and erase the 5th primary partition, then
install Win2K on a logical volume in the extended partition. Again I repeat,
I don't know if it is posible to create a 5th partition, but what I do know
is that you should not have more than 4 partitions.

And again, if you tell me exactly how you installed Win2K I might be able to
help you, I've been working with it for some time.

Cesar Mendoza
Dark Side Jedi Knight (MCSE :-)