From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 01:22:25 -0700
> From WordNet v1.6:
>
> fad
>    n : an interest followed with exaggerated zeal:

Regardless of the above definition, I think most would
agree that fads are temporary at best. Would you
describe Christianity or Buddhism as fads? I think
not.

> Considering the zeal in William's reply,

Who's William?

> and the
> high level
> of traffic of this mailing list, it sure sounds like
> a fad to me.

"It" being paleo(ism)?

> I thought the site wasn't very negative towards the
> "caveman diet",
> just kind of silly.

My grievance is that they had no business lumping
Neanderthin into the "fad" category. You're right,
it's just plain silly.

> p.s.  Are sunchokes paleo?

What are sunchokes?