Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 23:46:22 -0700
> i think
>you'd be hard pressed to find a group of people in this society who eat
>*less* processed foods than those of us on this list

The group of peoples following the instinctive nutrition guidelines,
 eating only undenatured foods) necessarely eat technologie free foods ( as
found in Nature, uncooked , unjuiced, unseasonned, unmixed, unchoped,
ungrated, etc...)
Yet they have to rely on technologie just to have something to eat on the
table( transportation, mechanised agriculture ) despite the fact that their
requirements for producers of food are stricter than organic standards .
Myself , and few others,  among this crowd ( small one )who try to rely on
their own capacity to produce the
most naturel food possible, still are dependant on the modern world to just
be able to function.( i end up networking worlwide with other same minded to
exchange the last remnant of true food left on that planet.
The fact is,  that this planet is desertifying and despite the false
appearance of over abondance of food , ecosystems in general are
impoverished ( fewer and fewer species)
If one want to question the technologie dependant world ( that seems to me
good sense, because of the false ,superficial, and UNSUSTAINABLE in time,
sens of securirity that technologie procure) , one have to reconsider how
the food arrive in the plate, have to get a sens of what it is really
happening behind the curtains of the supermarkets .
When i started to take my health in charge, and i did that i had no other
choice to start to produce my own food, Thru the years i had to confront
other issues like wanting to do it by myself ..
The most technologie free peoples in the world,  have been able to manage
because they were or still are,  living in tribes, had or still have a deep
connection with the environment that sustain them ., were not delegating
their need for food to somebody else , or at least not to something else
than pure human power to select it from the environment ( at the age of
world wide agrobusiness, peoples have often no clues about how food reach
their tables, no clues if they eat irradiated or genetically enginereed
foods, no clue about the expropriation of small farmers in Brazil to allow
the feeding of pigs in Europe with brazilian large scale farmed  soya ( i
don't know enough about the dark side of north american agriculture, ...)
My invitation is if you want to eat real food , produce it and exchange the
surplus with me  ...
i am waiting for real quality foods and  really altenative production
systems
( the  growing organic business is reproducing the same logic that made the
necessity of chemical agriculture ---- rural exodus.
let us create the diverse ecosystems capable of supporting our appetites.
If only we were planting one nut tree in our whole life we certaily produced
all the nuts that we are going to eat in this lifetime, if you plant 2 you
provide for your chidren, if you plant 3 you provide for the peoples who
didn't plant their nut tree, if you plant 4 you will feed the meat that you
need too etc...
Sorry  for loosing my senses , i fell out of my ladder trying to harvest
walnuts 5 days ago just because i am trying as a  farmer to provide for all
the city peoples that buy from me, and my back hurt,
there is too much technologie involved in the ladder,...
 if i was harvesting just for my family i could be just harvesting the ones
fallen on the ground after the racoons and crows got their share, and it
will be plenty.
Jean-claude