From:
Troy Gilchrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 22:18:51 -0500
> What kind of exercise, if any, are you doing?

> Good, albeit implicit, point.  For a while, I was hitting the gym every
> morning at 5 a.m. for 30 or so minutes on the treadmill and some
> weightlifting.

Most anyone who wants to lose excess body fat will be best served long-term
by focusing on strength training, specifically weight-lifting. Supplemented
by a moderate amount of intense walking (1 to 2 hours per week), a
strength-training program will help to keep fat off by increasing
metabolism. Men and women can benefit from strength training. For those who
are having trouble losing weight, I'd recommend lifting weights at least 2
times per week. And, yes, it can become addictive. I think that's probably
because the increase in metabolism gives you so much more energy. It's a
very subtle "high."

Troy Gilchrist